Split Screen on iPad Pro
Split screen, or also familiar as the split view is an idea to present two apps, side-by-side, on iPad Pro. Afterward, this split screen is available in Safari, where iPad Pro users can enter Safari Split View to let them open new tabs, switch existing tabs, into a limited form of Split View. This Split View is a new feature of iOS 10, which is possible when the iPad Pro is in landscape position and 50/50 only. We can use it with a side over and picture-in-picture, but we cannot use it for the multi-app split view. If you want to know more about this Split screen, we have this tutorial for you about how to use split screen on iPad Pro.
How to use Safari Split Screen on iPad
Split screen on iPad Pro doesn’t work for every app, but luckily it works for Safari. If you want to use this Split screen for an app, make sure that you have updated the app to support the new features so that you can split it based on this tutorial on how to use split screen on iPad Pro. Especially for Safari, we have some important points below to use Split screen:
Creating a Safari Split screen
Whenever you want to create a Safari Split screen, you can follow the steps below:
- Bring up the Safari
- Touch and hold for a while on the Tabs button at the top right corner.
- Tap on the option “Open Split View” or press on CMD+N keys when you are using a keyboard as a shortcut of “Open Split View.”
Opening a link in Safari Split View
If you need to open a link in Safari Split View, follow the steps below:
- Tap and hold for a bit longer on the link.
- Tap on option “Open in Split View” from the pop-up menu.
- Now, you can see the link in the new tab.
Turning a tab into Safari Split view
You can make on of tabs that you have when using multiple tabs in Safari into a Safari Split view. Follow the steps below:
- Tap and hold on the tab that you want to turn into Safari Split View.
- Drag it (the tab) all the way to the right or left until the tab split off into a new window.
- Now, you have two Safari windows open side-by-side.
Switching between Safari Split Views
If you want to switch a tab between two Safari Split Views, you can easily change it based on the following steps:
- Tap and hold on the Safari tab you want to open.
- Drag it to the opposite split view.
Opening a link in the opposite Safari Views
If you want to open a link on the opposite side of the Split View, follow these steps:
- Tap and hold a little bit longer on the link you want to open in the opposite Safari View.
- From the pop-up menu, select on Open On Other Side.
How to open the apps in Split screen list on iPad Pro
We have explained everything about how to use split screen on iPad Pro in Safari. If you want to use the Split View to open apps side-by-side, it is pretty simple. Before using this Split View, make sure that the apps can use this feature. Then, follow the steps below:
- Place your iPad Pro in landscape mode.
- Then tap on the Safari icon to open the Safari.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the iPad Pro display.
- Tap on the left border of the app and then drag it to the left.
- The full-screen app will shrink down to make room.
- Leave the second app to take up a quarter of the screen.
To enable the Split Views, keep dragging it to the left until you find that you can have two apps open side-by-side take-up one-half of the iPad Pro screen.
How to find a particular app in the Split screen list on iPad Pro
Split View on iPad Pro is also possible to open apps in the Split screen list. When you slide in, there are two possibilities you can see on the iPad Pro screen; those are an app or a list of apps. You can swipe down from the top of the appearing screen if you see an app so that you can access the list of multitasking apps. If you want to find a particular app from the list, you can scroll up and down until you can find it. Then tap on the app icon to bring it into focus. Sadly, we can’t do anything to pick and arrange the apps to go into this multitasking list. The only thing we can do is scrolling up and down to find any app that we want from the list.
Well, that’s everything you need to know about how to use split screen on iPad Pro. Split Screen on iPad Pro is useful to get more productivity of the tablet. Apple is working on this Split View to the next version of iOS 10 so that we might have some improvements to the feature. We just need to ensure that our iPad Pro has the requirements to run this multitasking feature.
Image source: hereAdvertisment