Hide or Restrict Any App on iPad Pro
What do you want to do to the apps on your iPad Pro? Do you want to cover up an app or some apps from appearing on the iPad Pro Home screen? iOS has the answers for all “hiding app” questions. iOS has everything you need to hide apps on your iPad Pro, including hiding Apple’s default apps on your iPad Pro which can’t be deleted, protecting downloaded apps from the App Store, and another way to hide anything from immediate view while still retaining the app’s accessibility. If you know how to hide or restrict any app on iPad Pro, there are no more worries for letting someone else use your iPad Pro.
How to hide or restrict preinstalled apps on iPad Pro
In this tutorial on how to hide or restrict any app on iPad Pro, you will also get all you need to know about how to protect preinstalled apps on your iPad Pro such as Safari, Camera, FaceTime, Watch, GameCenter, and also iTunes apps. Follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings app on your iPad Pro.
- Tap on General.
- Select “Restrictions.”
- Tap “Enable Restrictions,” then you can set a passcode for restriction if you haven’t yet.
- Under “Allow,” you can choose any app to hide by switching next to the app you want to OFF it.
- Exit out of Restrictions if you have finished.
If you have successfully hide any preinstalled app on your iPad Pro, when you return to the Home screen, you shouldn’t find this app icon anymore there. All apps you toggled to OFF are still installed on your iPad Pro, but they are not visible on the Home screen. So, if you want to use the app, just go back to the Restrictions and toggle ON the apps you need to make it available on the Home screen.
How to hide all downloaded apps
You may want to hide all apps you have downloaded from the App Store so that none of them are visible on your iPad Pro Home screen. We don’t need your particular reason for hiding these apps, but surely we have the answer for your question of how to hide or restrict any app on iPad Pro. Follow the steps below to make all downloaded apps disappear from your iPad Pro Home screen:
- Head to Settings app on your iPad Pro.
- Tap on General to open further menu options.
- Select on Restrictions and enable it to let you continue to this “hiding” step.
- Scroll down to find “Allowed Content.”
- Under the “Allowed Content,” select for “Apps.”
- To instantly hide all downloaded apps, tap on “Don’t Allow Apps” option.
By following the steps above, all downloaded apps will immediately disappear from your iPad Pro Home screen. The missing apps of your Home screen are not deleted, they are still installed on your iPad Pro. Whenever you want them back, just go back to the Restrictions and change the settings to make them visible on the Home screen.
How to hide or restrict apps in a folder
For the last section of this tutorial about how to hide or restrict any app on iPad Pro, we have an old trick to limit the access of any app by putting it into a folder. This trick is not hiding the apps literally. It is more like hiding something from view rather than hiding it. Nonetheless, it is a simple solution for many cases where you need to cover the access to apps on your iPad Pro Home screen. Follow the steps below to do this simple thing:
- Tap and hold gently on any app icon to make it jiggling.
- Keep your finger of the app and drag the jiggling app icon onto another app you want to hide to create a folder.
- Name the folder you want to create to cover up the apps.
- Drag and drop any other app you want into the folder.
By creating a folder, your apps inside the created folder are still accessible whenever the folder is open. Usually, it can be a solution to manage your apps on the Home screen or to limit the exposure of apps which you can’t hide it or even delete it directly.Advertisment